The BSA Indoor Soccer registration is conducted online only, via the EMSA portal from July 1st thru September 10th 2017.
All players registering for the 2017-18 Season MUST select to play in Beaumont. Otherwise your fee schedule may be incorrect.
EMSA ID/PLAYER CARDS
Player and Team Staff Carding Sessions will be held- September 19 & 20, 2017 Noon to 8pm at the Mill Woods Soccer Office (4003 98 Street Edmonton, AB).
All Players, Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Managers of the following groups are required to have an EMSA ID/Player card:
Team Officials: No
Community U6, U8, U10, U12
Community U16, U18 (City Wide)
Premier U10, U12, U14, U16, U18
There is no grace period for missing EMSA ID cards. All players, coaches, assistant coaches or managers must have their cards for the first game. If a player does not have a card and they play then the team will forfeit the game. If the coach, assistant coach or manager does not have their cards then they will not be permitted on the bench. If there is a Yes beside your age program or position and you play at a soccer centre you will need an EMSA ID. Facility pass will now be a decal that has to be placed on the back of your EMSA ID.
When can I get my player card?
Millwoods Zone Office – #84, 4003 98 Street, Edmonton, Alberta
Bring player and 1 piece of LEGAL identification. (Birth Certificate, passport, driver’s license, Alberta Health Care Card). All I.D. must show full name – NO initials. NO school I.D.s will be accepted.
Takes up to 2 weeks for card to be printed.
Is my Outdoor Card valid for the Indoor season?
Yes, Your Outdoor EMSA ID card is good for the Indoor season as long as the Expiry date has not passed.
SEASON AND POST SEASON
The approximate start date for all age categories is TENTATIVELY October 14, 2017 ends January 31, 2018 for regular season play .
We plan for each team to play 12-14 regular season games, however we can NOT guarantee this.
For teams advancing to post season play (U10-U18) games continue into February & March. The tentative dates for post season play:
City Finals Feb 24 & 25 2018
Inter-Cities Mar 10 & 11, 2018
Provincials Mar 16, 17, & 18 2018.
The dates and locations will be posted once the information is confirmed and available.
It is expected that the Girls teams will play the Indoor Inter-Cities in Edmonton and the Boys teams will play in Calgary at the end of this season.
For Coaches please find the Post Season commitment form here
- Premier Indoor TENTATIVE Playing Days - TBA
- Community Playing Days are:
- Saturdays U6, U8, U10 & U12
- Sundays: U14, U16 & U18
No Games will be scheduled games on the following dates:
- Oct 7, 8, 9 - Mill Woods Midnight Madness Tournament
- Dec 22 – January 1st: League Break (games resume on Jan 2)
- Dec 27, 28, 29 Polar Cup (Registration Opened Jun 12, 2017, Earlybird until Oct 13, 2017) For more details click here.
- Feb 3,4, 5 (FC Memorial Challenge)
- Feb 17, 18, 19, (Family Day Long Weekend)
- Mar 2, 3, 4, 5 (Slush Cup) (Registration opens Nov 6th 2017) For more details click here.
For additional EMSA Tournament information click here.
GAMES AND PRACTICES
Players and coaches should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of all games. This allows the coaches time to give instructions to the players prior to the game.
Parents of U4 and U6 must stay for all games so that they can enjoy observing their child’s activities and be present if they are needed by the child or coach. This rule is relaxed for U8 and up, however ensure the Coach has an emergency contact number to be reached at before leaving.
Photography is NOT permitted photography is not allowed on the field or down the corridors leading to the locker rooms. Please see the memorandum outlining this policy here.
Due to more strict gym user policies this season parents and siblings are discouraged from staying in the gyms during the practices. There have been many problems in the past and we don’t want to jeopardize losing our valuable practice space. Please be aware of the rules that are in place.
- Coaches should meet the custodian and do a walk through the gym.
- NEVER prop the doors open.
- REMOVE footwear at the FRONT entrance.
- DO NOT allow anyone on stages or in the halls, failure to do so will result in the immediate cancellation of your booking.
- Report any damage to the custodian and to the BSA Administrator immediately.
- Respect the time slot you have been given, and be sure to be finished and on time. That means you should be out of the gym at 7:00 not 7:05 etc.
- Practices end at 5 minutes before the hour 7:00 to 7:55pm as an example. Just like games, a one hour slot is 55 minutes long. Change into your gym shoes and equipment outside of the gym.
- The only beverage allowed in the gym is water, no juice or sports drinks. If you spill, please wipe it up! There is to be no food in the gym.
It is mandatory for all indoor teams to assign a parent (or other responsible attendant) to monitor practices held in school gyms.
EDMONTON MINOR SOCCER ASSOCIATION FACILITIES
Cost and Location of Soccer Centres
All individuals (e.g., parents, friends, and other family members) will be required to pay a facility admission fee prior to entering any of the Edmonton Soccer Centres. Pricing is set by the Indoor Facilities and may be subject to change.
Current prices are: (Subject to Changes)
- Ages 17 and under – FREE
- Ages 65 and over – FREE
- Spectators 18 and over – $TBA Daily Admission
- Spectators 18 and over – $TBA Individual Season Pass
The Individual Season Pass is valid for one person’s admission and could be used within an immediate family (i.e. mother or father on separate occasions). The pass allows only one person’s admission without charge when more than one immediate family member is present.
A valid pass must be shown by each person seeking entry.
Player and Coach Admission Passes are to be used by players and coaches ONLY and are non-transferable. Passes must be shown for admission to the centers. For more info please visit here.
Games may be played at one of the following centres:
- Edmonton South Centre 6520 Roper Road
- Edmonton West Centre 17415-106A Ave
- Edmonton East Centre 12720 Victoria Trail
- Millennium Place 2000 Premier Way, Sherwood Park
- Trans Alta Tri-Leisure Centre, Spruce Grove 221 Campsite Road.(Half way between Highway 16 and 16a)
- Servus Credit Union Place 400 Campbell Road, St. Albert
ALL teams must have at least one adult that is of the same gender as the players. For example, if the Coach, Assistant Coach and Manager of a GIRLS team are all male, then they must include a fourth person – one of the parents, to be a “Bench Mom” and present on the bench. This is required for all games. The same, in reverse, applies to the BOYS team that requires a “Bench Dad”.