If you wish to attend any of these courses:
- Must want to Referee for Beaumont Soccer Association (BSA).
- Register for the course in ASA Ref Centre. Search By Club: Beaumont. Your course registration will not be approved until payment has been receive by BSA. Note: You will only see the Refresher course if you are logged into Ref Centre.
- For Mini and Entry Level Courses: If you are going to Referee for BSA, once you have received your Ref Centre login details, register for the course you are wanting to attend. Once that is completed call the BSA Administrator at (587)987-9667 to pay for Referee Course, you will receive a receipt by email if you ask for one.
- Once you have done the online payment you will receive a confirmation email.
Note 1: Refresher courses are free so steps 3 and 4 above are not required. You must still register for the Refresher course on the Ref Centre website.
Note 2: Only Referees and Assistant Referees (AR) that have completed the required ASA training will be employed in Beaumont as game officials. You must be on the Eligible Outdoor Referees List for the current year and season.
Note 3: ASA permits referees to begin at age 12 years old, however in Beaumont we will only employ referees that are a minimum of 13 years old due to the terms of service requirements of our online assignment tool.
Cancellation Policy: If you wish to cancel from the course, you will only receive a refund a) if you cancel at least 48 hours prior to the start of the course and b) if the course has the minimum attendees.
Mini Plus Assistant Referee
A one-day introductory course for people 13 years and older (on or before May 15th), who would like to centre referee U9 only.
As of 2019, clubs and districts have the option of holding a ‘Mini Plus AR’ course, which will provide Assistant Referee Training as well as the Mini Referee Training.
The cost per student for the course is $50.
The Mini course covers:
The Mini Plus AR course covers the above plus:
BSA is offering the AR training to our Mini Referees.
Students are supplied with – 7 v 7 Rules of Mini Soccer, referee badge and whistle.
Mini Referees are not required to do the ASA Refresher course however BSA will assist any Mini referees with any questions.
Once a Mini Referee turns 14 years old they are encouraged to challenge the ASA Entry Level course. After they turn 15 years old they Centre Referee U13.
Note: Mini Referees are not eligible to Centre Referee any age groups older than U11.
There is not a pre-course study workbook to print for this course.
Course Dates in Beaumont: March 21, 2020 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Please visit: The list of available courses and scroll thru the list. If you are from Beaumont, contact the BSA Administrator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for the access code as the courses are listed as Private until 2 weeks prior to the start date.
How to register. (Example)
Visit this page and at the top of the page in the start date window select today's date. In the End date window, across the page, select the date. All course will be displayed. Look for course #1539 (for Mini (12 years)). Once you have found the correct course, click on the word "Register" on the far right within the same line and follow the instructions from there.
This 2 day (14 hours) course is for individuals aged 14 years and over, who have not refereed before or who used to referee and have let their registration lapse for one year or more.
- FIFA Laws of the Game book
- Includes Registration Fee for the first year - Referees are responsible for the registration fee after that (2020 Referee Course Registration fees are: Youth = $150, District = $175,) payable by Credit card by calling the BSA Administrator at (587)987-9667.
- 14 and 15 year old: Youth District Referee. Youth District referees must be at least two years older than the age group they are officiating
- 16 years and older: District Referee. District Referees may Centre Referee or be an Assistant Referee (linesman) for all age groups
Youth who turn 14, who previously took a one day Mini Referee Course (for U9/U11 games), must take the ASA Entry Level course in order to transition to the Youth/District Levels.
There is some pre-course study to be done before the course and a workbook to print before this course.
Course Dates in Beaumont: April 25 and 26
Please visit: The list of available courses and scroll thru the list.
Make sure to bring a lunch, shorts, shin guards, running shoes, t-shirt, and a water bottle.
How to register. (Example)
Visit this page and at the top of the page in the start date window select today's date. In the End date window across the page select the date. All course will be displayed. Look for course #1538 (for Entry Level (14 or 16+ years)). Once you have found the correct course click on the word "Register" on the far right within the same line and follow the instructions from there.
If you are from Beaumont, contact the BSA Administrator by email at email@example.com for the access code as the courses are listed as Private until 2 weeks prior to the start date.
Outdoor Referee Refresher
All referees must attend a 4 hour refresher course prior to each indoor and/or outdoor season they wish to officiate in.
- FIFA Laws of the Game book
Referees are responsible for their Registration Fee.
Note 1: You cannot register for this course until you have completed the Outdoor Questionaire and achieved a score of 70% or higher.
Note 2: You will only see the Refresher course after you have successfully logged into Ref Centre.
Outdoor Refresher courses are available through your Ref Centre account under the ‘Registration’ menu.
Annual Referee Registration
Every year our soccer referees must register to remain current and on the Alberta Soccer Association's List of Soccer Officials. The annual fees for 2019 were $50 dollars for Mini and Youth referees and $65 dollars for District and above referees. Each referee will recieve an email from ASA stating it is time to register. Simply visit Ref Centre by selecting the button below and select Register Now under the far right drop down menu. The 2020 emails should be sent out in late January/early February, so be sure to log in prior to 31 Mar 2020.
Referee Conversion - Outdoor: for Indoor referees who want to referee Outdoor