OUTDOOR SOCCER 2023
Registration for the 2023 outdoor season opens on February 1st, 2023 and closes March 15th, 2023. Read through the following information for the details about the upcoming season.
The season will run from the beginning of May to the end of June with some teams playing into July if they qualify for City Finals (or play in tournaments). We look forward to seeing you on the outdoor soccer fields soon!!
IT’S ALL IN THE DETAILS
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PLAY?
The following fees will apply:
U4/U5 (born in 2018 & 2019) $135
U7 (born in 2016 & 2017) $180
U9 (born in 2014 & 2015) $245
U11 (born in 2012 & 2013) $280
U13 (born in 2010 & 2011) $290
U15 (born in 2008 & 2009) $290
U17 (born in 2006 & 2007) $290
U19 (born in 2004 & 2005) $290
Player refund requests will be approved only if it is submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to March 16, 2023.
AFTER March 16, 2023, there is a $50 admin fee for any cancellations.
AFTER May 1, 2023, there are no refunds for cancellations.
1. In the event the player suffers a medical issue that renders them unable to play the remainder of the season, we will offer a pro-rated refund. Medical documentation will be required.
2. In the event that the season is cancelled due to government restrictions concerning the COVID-19 pandemic, the portion of the fees related to facility rentals and referees will be prorated on a per game per player basis and refunded back to the player. Fixed costs will not be refunded back to the player; a season delay does not constitute a season cancellation.
3. In the event that a team/cohort must isolate due to COVID-19 related issues any missed games will be made up for a later date and scheduled through EMSA at no extra charge, no refund of fees would be provided for this purpose.
WHEN DO WE PLAY?
The following are TENTATIVE game days for the different age groups and are subject to change. Additional practices and/or technical sessions are not able to be scheduled until coaching staff are in place:
U4/U5 MIXED – one session per week on Saturday mornings (rain or shine); location will be in Beaumont
U7 BOYS & GIRLS – two sessions per week on Saturday & Monday (rain or shine); each session will be a coach led practice with assistance from the BSA technical coaching staff; there will be opportunities to play small games against other teams on occasion; location will be in Beaumont
U9 BOYS – three sessions per week (games and practices) on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday in Beaumont, Leduc or Edmonton
U9 GIRLS – three sessions per week (games and practices) on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday in Beaumont, Leduc or Edmonton
U11 BOYS & GIRLS – Monday and Wednesday game (plus the odd Friday or Saturday game) in Beaumont, Leduc or Edmonton plus a coach led practice in Beaumont (day of the week to be chosen by the coach)
U13 BOYS & GIRLS – Tuesday and Sunday game (plus the odd Wednesday game) in Beaumont, Leduc or Edmonton plus a coach led practice in Beaumont (day of the week to be chosen by the coach)
U15 BOYS & GIRLS – Monday and Thursday game (plus an odd Tuesday/Wednesday game) in Beaumont, Leduc or Edmonton plus a coach led practice in Beaumont (day of the week to be chosen by the coach)
U17 BOYS & GIRLS – Sunday and Wednesday game (plus the odd Tuesday game) in Beaumont, Leduc or Edmonton plus a coach led practice in Beaumont (day of the week to be chosen by the coach)
U19 BOYS & GIRLS – Sunday and Wednesday game (plus the odd Tuesday game) in Beaumont, Leduc or Edmonton plus a coach led practice in Beaumont (day of the week to be chosen by the coach)
WHERE DO WE VOLUNTEER?
BSA is a VOLUNTEER run organization and parent volunteers are required to make the program a success. ALL teams are coached by parent volunteers and without them, we have no soccer!
Each family is required to provide a $250.00 Volunteer Deposit with their registration package. Either by Credit Card Authorization form or Cheque (post-dated April 15, 2023). The volunteer deposit is mandatory and each family is required to work one 4 hour shift. Drop off your deposit at the BSA drop box located in the lobby of the Beaumont Sport & Recreation Center (BSRC) OR by using a credit card authorization form in TeamSnap. Deposits must be submitted at the time of registration. Without a volunteer deposit your child will not be placed on a team.
There are numerous opportunities to volunteer with the BSA, but coaching is the most important and most rewarding! Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and Managers need to register as a ‘Team Official’ in the EMSA Portal.
Coaching courses are required by EMSA and BSA will reimburse BSA coaches for the cost of those courses for the level being coached. If you are interested in coaching, please select the coach option under your Volunteer Requirement on the Registration Form and the appropriate Age Rep will be in contact with you prior to season start. Email email@example.com with your questions.
WHAT WILL WE NEED TO PLAY?
Non-metal cleated soccer shoes are recommended for the older age groups, but NOT mandatory. Runners will suffice for the younger age groups (U4-U7).
Shin guards are mandatory for every player in every age group.
Socks that cover the shin guards are required (socks will be provided to all age groups within BSA).
BSA supplies a jersey, a pair of shorts and a pair of socks to every player and these items are theirs to keep at the end of the season!
BSA supplies all coaches with soccer balls, pylons, pinnies, and collapsible nets where required.
A good attitude! The player who shows up ready and tries their best every time, is sure to learn and enjoy playing the beautiful game of soccer!
What about COVID-19 and VACCINES?
As a community sport organization we are bound by the rules and regulations as set by the government and the Alberta Soccer Association. The following link will re-direct you to ASA’s current stance on playing soccer during the pandemic.
HOW DO WE REGISTER?
It is IMPERATIVE that you COMPLETE ALL THREE steps in this order for your registration to be completed:
1. Register For EMSA Main/Alberta Soccer click HERE. RETURN to this page and proceed to step 2.
2. Register for a volunteer shift click HERE using Sign-Up Calendar
If you are volunteering as a team official click HERE and “Register a Team Official”.
If you use a different or previous link to the volunteer page, it may not give you the most current calendar, please ensure you use this link to register for your volunteer commitment. RETURN to this page and proceed to step 3 (payment).
3. Register on TeamSnap click HERE, provide applicable payment AND volunteer deposit. A VOLUNTEER DEPOSIT IS MANDATORY FOR EVERY FAMILY REGARDLESS OF THE VOLUNTEER POSITION CHOSEN (including team officials). A credit card authorization form can be used or a posted dated cheque can be dropped off at the BSA drop box at Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre BSRC (NOT the Ken Nichol arena). At the end of the year, all paperwork will be shredded ONLY IF the volunteer shift has been completed.
“Talent without working hard is nothing.”
– Cristiano Ronaldo