INDOOR SOCCER 2023/24
Please Note: It is very important that you review all the information below as it contains many of the questions that people have. At the end of the page are the steps for registration. There are 3 parts that require completion. Missing these steps causes a lot of delay and a lot of work for our administrator and board!
Registration for the 2023 indoor season opens on August 1st, 2023 and closes September 6th, 2023.
Due to limits of available space, we may not be able to place your child on a team even if registration is completed before the close. Please complete your registration early.
September 7th players will be waitlisted and a $50 late fee will apply.
Read through the following information for the details about the upcoming season.
The season runs October 9 to December 16 for U5 (9 sessions) and October 9 to end of February for U7-U19 with some teams playing into March if they qualify for City Finals (or play in tournaments).
We look forward to seeing you on the indoor soccer fields soon!!
U4/U5 (born in 2019 & 2020), Saturdays 9:00am (45 min session/week), $165
U7 (born in 2017 & 2018), Saturdays 10:00am (1 hr session/week), $190
U9 (born in 2015 & 2016), Saturday Tentative Game Day, $410
U11 (born in 2013 & 2014), Saturday Tentative Game Day, $410
U13 (born in 2011 & 2012), Saturday &/or Sunday Tentative Game Day $435
U15 (born in 2009 & 2010), Sunday Tentative Game Day, $440
U17 (born in 2007 & 2008), Sunday Tentative Game Day, $440
U19 (born in 2005 & 2006), Sunday Tentative Game Day, $440
- 2 sessions per week - 1 game and 1 coach led practice
- The season game schedules will be released October 11th after 5pm
- Games take place at...
- Edmonton Soccer Centers (East, South or West)
- Beaumont Sport & Recreation Centre (occasionally)
- Leduc Recreation Centre (possible location)
- Practices take place at...
- BSRC Turf Field (or BSRC gymnasium or school gym)
- Monday - Friday evening practice time will be confirmed once Coaches are in place, based on coach availability
- Players are encouraged to sign-up for Technical Training Friday nights at the BSRC Turf Field
- led by BSA Technical Team
- players must sign-up each week, spots are limited
- included in soccer fees
Player refund requests will be approved only if it is submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to September 6, 2023.
AFTER September 7, 2023, there is a $50 admin fee for any cancellations.
AFTER October 14, 2023, there are no refunds for cancellations.
1. In the event the player suffers a medical issue that renders them unable to play the remainder of the season, we will offer a pro-rated refund. Medical documentation will be required.
2. In the event that the season is cancelled due to government restrictions concerning the COVID-19 pandemic, the portion of the fees related to facility rentals and referees will be prorated on a per game per player basis and refunded back to the player. Fixed costs will not be refunded back to the player; a season delay does not constitute a season cancellation.
3. In the event that a team/cohort must isolate due to COVID-19 related issues any missed games will be made up for a later date and scheduled through EMSA at no extra charge, no refund of fees would be provided for this purpose.
BSA is a VOLUNTEER run organization and parent volunteers are required to make the program a success. ALL teams are coached by parent volunteers and without them, we have no soccer!
Each family is required to provide a $250.00 Volunteer Deposit with their registration package. Either by Credit Card Authorization form or Cheque (post-dated April 15, 2024). The volunteer deposit is mandatory and each family is required to work one 4 hour shift. Drop off your deposit at the BSA drop box located in the lobby of the Beaumont Sport & Recreation Center (BSRC) OR by using a credit card authorization form in TeamSnap. Deposits must be submitted at the time of registration.
Without a volunteer deposit your child will not be placed on a team.
There are numerous opportunities to volunteer with the BSA, but coaching is the most important and most rewarding! Coaches, Assistant Coaches, and Managers need to register as a 'Team Official' in the EMSA Portal.
Coaching courses are required by EMSA and BSA will reimburse BSA coaches for the cost of those courses for the level being coached. If you are interested in coaching, please select the coach option under your Volunteer Requirement on the Registration Form and the appropriate Age Rep will be in contact with you prior to season start. Email email@example.com with your questions.
WHAT WILL WE NEED TO PLAY?
FOOTWEAR - Turf shoes are recommended for the older age groups, but NOT mandatory. Runners will suffice for the younger age groups (U4-U7).
SHIN GUARDS are mandatory for every player in every age group.
SOCKS that cover the shin guards are required (socks will be provided to all age groups within BSA).
UNIFORM - BSA supplies a jersey, a pair of shorts and a pair of socks to every player and these items are theirs to keep at the end of the season!
EQUIPMENT - BSA supplies all coaches with soccer balls, pylons, pinnies, and collapsible nets where required.
OTHER - Labeled water bottle & a good attitude! The player who shows up ready and tries their best every time, is sure to learn and enjoy playing the beautiful game of soccer!
HOW DO WE REGISTER?
It is IMPERATIVE that you COMPLETE ALL THREE steps in this order for your registration to be completed:
1. Register For EMSA Main/Alberta Soccer click HERE. RETURN to this page and proceed to step 2.
2. Register for a volunteer shift click HERE using Sign-Up Calendar If you are volunteering as a team official click HERE and "Register a Team Official". If you use a different or previous link to the volunteer page, it may not give you the most current calendar, please ensure you use this link to register for your volunteer commitment. RETURN to this page and proceed to step 3 (payment).
3. Register on TeamSnap click HERE, provide applicable payment AND volunteer deposit. A VOLUNTEER DEPOSIT IS MANDATORY FOR EVERY FAMILY REGARDLESS OF THE VOLUNTEER POSITION CHOSEN (including team officials). A credit card authorization form can be used or a posted dated cheque can be dropped off at the BSA drop box at Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre BSRC (NOT the Ken Nichol arena). At the end of the year, all paperwork will be shredded ONLY IF the volunteer shift has been completed.
"Talent without working hard is nothing."
- Cristiano Ronaldo